Monday, May 14, 2007
Max's 5th birthday
Max turned 5 last Saturday. He was very excited about this.
Mark and I just returned on Friday evening from a week-long trip to Sao Tome, and we decided to wrap a small wooden boat that we brought from there, and put it next to his bed so that he can unwrap it when he wakes up. Hen he could play with it for a while (until we ready to get up - that was the plan anyway). Of course, at 6:30 on Saturday morning we had Max in our bedroom waking us up to show the wrapped package that he found, and asking if he can open it. After we said "Yes, it's a present for you", he said disappointedly “I thought birthdays have more presents". To which we had to immediately reassure him that more presents will be coming later. Then Mark kissed him and said "Happy birthday, Max. Now you are a big boy, you are 5 years old". Max's response was: "No, I'm not 5 yet, because I did not eat my birthday cake yet!” So there you go - we have learned that one doesn't turn 5 without eating his birthday cake.
Later that morning Max shared with me his ideas about the Birthday cakes. He said that the Birthday cakes are magic because they make you 5. This is why when Max finally saw his Birthday CHOCOLATE cake made by Mark, he was so very excited. The party was at the pool with a few good friends and a lot of fun.
Mark and I just returned on Friday evening from a week-long trip to Sao Tome, and we decided to wrap a small wooden boat that we brought from there, and put it next to his bed so that he can unwrap it when he wakes up. Hen he could play with it for a while (until we ready to get up - that was the plan anyway). Of course, at 6:30 on Saturday morning we had Max in our bedroom waking us up to show the wrapped package that he found, and asking if he can open it. After we said "Yes, it's a present for you", he said disappointedly “I thought birthdays have more presents". To which we had to immediately reassure him that more presents will be coming later. Then Mark kissed him and said "Happy birthday, Max. Now you are a big boy, you are 5 years old". Max's response was: "No, I'm not 5 yet, because I did not eat my birthday cake yet!” So there you go - we have learned that one doesn't turn 5 without eating his birthday cake.
Later that morning Max shared with me his ideas about the Birthday cakes. He said that the Birthday cakes are magic because they make you 5. This is why when Max finally saw his Birthday CHOCOLATE cake made by Mark, he was so very excited. The party was at the pool with a few good friends and a lot of fun.