Tuesday, June 27, 2006
Billy's first time diving
Three months and two weeks after the first independent swim, Billy started diving and swimming under water today. He uses goggles (which he refused to put on just a month ago), swims across the pool under water (taking a breath only once in the middle), and dives to touch the pool floor (in the shallow part of the pool, about 1 ft deep, but hey, it's just the first time!). This is without any special classes, just having fun on weekends, and some time during the week after school.
He's very proud of this, and I promised him that I'll put a note in the blog, so that everyone know about his new achievement!
P.S. this entry was written on April 23. I did not publish it at that time because I was hoping to make a good picture to go with it. Days ran by and now it's a completely different story. Billy is now very comfortable in the pool, happily diving and swiming under water almost all the way across the pool. I really have to update my blog more often :)
You can see him in action here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/moodyworld/176495940/
He's very proud of this, and I promised him that I'll put a note in the blog, so that everyone know about his new achievement!
P.S. this entry was written on April 23. I did not publish it at that time because I was hoping to make a good picture to go with it. Days ran by and now it's a completely different story. Billy is now very comfortable in the pool, happily diving and swiming under water almost all the way across the pool. I really have to update my blog more often :)
You can see him in action here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/moodyworld/176495940/