Saturday, July 16, 2005

 

two weeks into french

So here we are, just finished our second week of intensive French training at FSI (foreign service institut). I accomplished my goal-minimum: finally understood the first line of one wildly popular french song from my childhood :)

Of course between classes, household chores, and the kids we hardly have any time to "get cultured", go to DC, see what's new, what's going on now. Thanks for a friend from Zagreb, Tanja, who was here for a few days, I got to go to one of the museums in the Smithsonian Mall :)

Marlene and I, both in FSI, basically in the same building, did not have a chance to get together yet! We keep making arrangments by emails, but our schedules haven't given us an opportunity to meet yet :) It's crazy.

I have a list of people that I was planning to call to in our very first week in here - haven't made a single call yet.

Have to run now. A plus! ("bye" fr. :)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?